Tuesday, March 5, 2013

They're Just Like A-Holes

It's been a while since I've done this.

First off, I am, by nature, a flake.
Second off, fuck off, I've got shit to do!

Alright.

Let's start again.

I'll start the next paragraph saying something that I've said way too many times lately.
I'm sorry if I was rude to you. I'm a bit crabby today. I've been full of excuses lately, it seems.

Let's just say I've been busy. Too busy to write. Or do anything besides go to the gym and then (maybe) do laundry* and  take nap after lunch. So yes, I'm sleeping instead of blogging while my kids are napping and/or coming out of their rooms every 17 minutes to ask, "Is naptime over yet??"

I work 2-3 days a week as a high school teacher and I teach spin class at two different gyms, 2-4 times a week. I also moonlight as veterinary technician, assisting a veterinarian in exotic animal surgeries (think rabbit rumenectomy** or an iguana inguinal hernia repair) on weekends occasionally. There's also the odd, freelance (paying!!) writing gig for a veterinary technician magazine. And then there's the other veterinarian that I work for every now and again when someone calls in sick or gets married.

But enough about me, let's talk about crazy people. Not sadly crazy, like off-their-meds-and-he's-running-around-London-thinking-he's-Captain-Cooke kind of crazy (yes, I really know someone that did that). Not dangerous crazy either. 

Just harmless, Wow-I-can't-believe-that-someone-like-you-exists-in-real-life crazy.

How 'bout you sit and think on that one, tell me about your 'Enkounter with Krazy' story and I'll tell you about mine from a couple weeks ago?

Cool.

(*psst...laundry has never actually gotten done after lunch time)

(**psst...there's really no such thing as a rabbit rumenectomy but if there was, I would totally assist in that surgery because it would be awesome!)


3 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts but totally understand how life gets in the way :)

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award because I love your blog, hope you will pass it on to other awesome bloggers :) http://momsdontsaythat.com/people-like-me-liebster-award

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alicia,
    Thank you sooo much but...as the annoying French guards say in reference to the grail in Monty Python's Holy Grail, "We alreeeeaaady got one!"
    See, here's the thing, I'm so very happy to receive awards, I am SUCH a flake, I cannot find the time to do the questions or find 11 more blogs I like! Yes, I am THAT flakey/lazy/busy!
    I will most definitely check out YOUR blog, however...thank you so much for thinking of me!
    *However, if you think I'm funny then that already puts you in the 'suspicious' category.....
    Once again, thank you, Alicia :)

    ReplyDelete